Administrative Secretary, Language & Literature
Calhoun Community College
- Greet in-person visitors and respond to their needs appropriately.
- Answer a multi-line phone system and direct calls appropriately.
- Screen, route, and coordinate pick-up of incoming mail including email.
- Receive, input and process paperwork ensuring items are submitted in a timely manner.
- Discern when confidentiality in work needs to be maintained and maintain that confidentiality.
- Type and transcribe letters, memos and other correspondence or written documentation.
- Take meeting minutes when needed.
- Maintain and prepare absentee and leave reports and all other routine forms, direct faculty evaluation process, and record minutes for departmental meetings.
- Maintain contact with adjunct faculty and distribute information e.g. section numbers, template syllabus, required items on syllabus, textbook info and list of exam dates, to them in a timely manner. Maintain textbooks, coordinate instructor manuals with textbook publisher for all faculty.
- Maintain calendars and schedules for individuals, groups and/or meeting space, balancing multiple schedules and priorities.
- Request/arrange IT support for full-time and part-time faculty.
- Assist with registration and class cancellation calls for all programs as directed.
- Coordinate, create and maintain filing systems.
- Alert supervisor of any issues that are in need of upper management attention.
- Monitor and maintain records of budgets.
- Operate Excel or other database software to track, sort, format and analyze data for a variety of purposes including reporting and data analysis (data reports).
- Load information into Banner or other software.
- Perform all duties with professionalism.
- Proof and edit correspondence and documents.
- Input and process purchase orders as well as other information into Banner.
- Perform research via the internet or other channels to gather information, answer questions, or resolve issues.
- Utilize computer programs to mail merge documents and create labels.
- Prepare travel forms, make travel arrangements including airline tickets, hotels, cars, etc. and complete travel reimbursement forms.
- Order, maintain, inventory office and instructional supplies. Create and maintain books of procedures.
- Create, proof and edit presentations in PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- Conduct facility reviews.
- Submit maintenance work orders or request/arrange janitorial support.
- Maintain classroom and office area including equipment.
- Prepare meeting agendas.
- Create duplication of materials for others.
- Provide students with academic information and materials; assist with registration and recruiting activities for the division.
- Perform related work as assigned.