Student Loan Clerk
Calhoun Community College
- Perform all duties with professionalism.
- Process student loan files. Assist with processing financial aid and other forms including, work-study, appeals, professional judgment, terms and conditions.
- Assist with financial aid returns to Title IV (R2T4).
- Reviewing financial aid files to ensure correct processing.
- Answer a variety of student questions about financial aid process in person, over the phone and via email.
- Assist students in completing financial aid forms.
- Revise accounts as a result of over awards.
- Discern when confidentiality in work needs to be maintained and maintain that confidentiality.
- Certify private loans.
- Assist with loan reconciliation.
- Maintain/update college financial aid website.
- Process financial aid, work study and satisfactory academic progress appeals.
- Alert supervisor of any issues that are in need of upper management attention.
- Provide entrance/exit loan counseling.
- Type communication materials and fold/stuff them to be sent out.
- Scan documents.
- Process financial aid files selected for verification including confirming satisfactory progress, reviewing academic transcripts, reviewing information on computer versus paper information turned in.
- Perform related duties as assigned.