Adult Education Teacher in the Jail/Prison System - Search Re-opened
Calhoun Community College
- Evaluate the progress of students in all classes according to institutional, departmental, and individual criteria.
- Administer assessment instruments to diagnose, evaluate, and place adult learners in the proper educational functioning level for literacy level instruction through GED® instruction.
- Link instruction to the learner’s academic needs as determined by the results of a valid, reliable assessment and re-assessment for literacy level instruction through GED® instruction.
- Administer WorkKeys for the Career Readiness Certificate.
- Collect, maintain, and submit accurate class records including attendance, contact hours, and progress reports to appropriate offices.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of materials used in academic administration when requested.
- Participate in scheduled in-service activities.
- Provide academic and career advice, including career pathways, to students, and promote student leadership and enrichment experiences.
- Be prompt and punctual in reporting for work. Maintain assigned office hours.
- Continue as competent teacher in the chosen specialty by seeking new knowledge, improving teaching skills, and updating professional competencies.
- Promote positive and productive relationships with service area businesses, industries, and agencies.
- Perform all duties with professionalism.
- Provide advice to the administration on matters pertaining to the Adult Education program.
- Serve on committees engaged in furthering the work of the institution when appointed or when elected.
- Become familiar with institutional policies and procedures as outlined in the College Catalog, Personnel Handbook, and ACCS Board Policy; and in accordance with the Adult Education State Plan, and follow such policies and procedures.
- Perform other appropriate professional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.