Dean of Mathematics, Natural Science & Pre-Engineering
Calhoun Community College
- Promote student success and excellent customer service.
- Ensure the “One College” concept.
- Provide leadership for developing outcomes-oriented, cutting-edge, high-quality, industry- responsive curriculums or programs.
- Promote positive morale and ensure adequate internal/external communication.
- Monitor, assess and incorporate data, market needs and future trends to evaluate program relevancy and develop curriculum to keep programs and training up-to-date with workforce and community needs and advances in technology.
- Monitor enrollment trends among the programs within the division, coordinating recruitment and retention efforts and goals with faculty.
- Monitor, evaluate, and recommend curriculum changes as needed and coordinate curriculum across campuses.
- Provide leadership in the effective use of technology in on-site instruction and delivery of distance learning courses.
- Assess personnel performance and provide professional development opportunities to maintain relevancy and efficiency of faculty and staff.
- Coordinate with other academic leaders to develop efficient, integrated course schedules across campuses based on collection and analysis of data.
- Provide leadership in a multi-campus organization to include assisting with recruitment and evaluation of full and adjunct faculty in coordination with appropriate dean/coordinator.
- Assess and revise processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure timely completion/development, execution, monitoring and submittal of all materials used in academic administration, including but not limited to course syllabi, program outlines and reviews, catalog material, budgets, personnel performance reviews and student information such as grades, attendance rosters, etc.
- Participate in and ensure participation of area personnel in scheduled college-wide activities such as In-Service, Honor’s Day, and Graduation.
- Ensure compliance with institutional and Alabama Community College System policies and procedures and standards of accrediting bodies.
- Communicate with the administration regularly; serve on the Instructional Council, the Planning Council, and other committees as assigned.
- Develop, monitor, and administer all budgets for the Division.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to secure funding from state, federal, and private sources including government and industry grants and endowments.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders to promote the College and its programs.
- Provide leadership for developing, assessing and reporting student learning outcomes and program outcomes to improve student success.
- Lead the Division in the institutional and, where applicable, program accreditation processes.
- Teach classes as qualifications allow.
- Serve on and provide leadership for appropriate college committees.
- Maintain or increase competency by seeking new knowledge, improving skills, and updating professional competencies.
- Perform all duties with professionalism.
- Perform all other such professional duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.