Calhoun Community College
- Provide competent classroom and laboratory instruction in the area of credentialed expertise for both credit and non-credit courses.
- Teach at varied times and places and in varied formats based on student demand; day or evening, on the Decatur campus, Huntsville Campus or at other sites, in the traditional classroom, hybrid or web format, and distance education.
- Evaluate the progress of students in all classes according to institutional, divisional, departmental, and individual criteria.
- Collect, maintain, and submit accurate class records including grades, attendance rosters, absences, withdrawal, and/or class drop information to appropriate offices.
- Assist with the collection of placement and retention of program completer data.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of materials used in academic administration when requested, including course syllabi, program outlines, and catalog material.
- Participate in scheduled in-service activities, Honor’s Day, and Graduation ceremonies.
- Provide academic and career advice to students and promote student leadership and enrichment experiences.
- Be prompt and punctual in reporting for work.Maintain assigned office hours.
- Maintain or increase competency in the chosen specialty by seeking new knowledge, improving teaching skills, and updating professional competencies.
- Promote positive and productive relationships with service area businesses, industries, and agencies.
- Provide advice to the administration on matters pertaining to the instructional program.
- Serve on institutional, local, and/or statewide committees engaged in furthering the work of the institution when appointed or when elected.
- Become familiar with institutional policies and procedures as outlined in the College Catalog, Personnel Handbook, and State Board Policy Manual; and follow such policies and procedures.
- Perform other appropriate professional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.