Vice President of Academic Affairs
Calhoun Community College
- As Chief Instructional Officer of the College, provide leadership for the Instructional unit of the College at all sites.
- Provide leadership for the Instructional Support units for all sites of the College (Library and teaching labs).
- Direct development of annual schedule of courses to be offered at times and locations that is accessible for students and consistent with community needs.
- Ensure that full and part-time faculty are academically and technically qualified and diversely trained.
- Plan for the acquisition and distribution of technology used in instruction.
- Ensure programs of study are in compliance with SACSCOC and the Alabama Community College System policies and guidelines and with industry standards.
- Ensure that career technical and workforce training programs lead to student success and employment.
- Lead and support instructional innovation.
- Assess the effectiveness of instruction, instructional support and student services through ongoing evaluation and analysis of data.
- Conduct regular program and curriculum reviews.
- Ensure that supervised employees have appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Coordinate distance learning activities with the Information Technologies Division to ensure the expansion of distance learning courses and maintain an appropriate level of quality instruction.
- Provide leadership for appropriate administrative and instructional management systems for quality instruction.
- Perform all duties with professionalism.
- Perform other appropriate professional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.