EMS Lab Assistant
Calhoun Community College
- Evaluate EMS students in the laboratory setting, setting up and breaking down laboratory sessions for day and evening EMS students on all Calhoun campuses.
- Develop simulated patient scripts and schedule sessions for EMS students at all levels capturing these sessions using the iSimulate software and equipment.
- Work in conjunction with the program director to operate a simulated patient program and continue to expand the program with best practices of other simulated patient programs as seen throughout the nation in many medical schools and a select few EMS programs.
- Recruit and maintain an active roster of simulated patients of various ages.
- Maintain the equipment inventory for all health science programs including high and low fidelity equipment, working with the business office to verify items are properly tagged and maintained on inventory rosters.
- Develop and maintain an equipment registry, working with faculty to ensure all equipment is checked out properly and accounted for at all times.
- Develop laboratory activities in conjunction with the EMS faculty to accomplish stated laboratory goals.
- Maintain the Paramedic Psychomotor Competency Portfolio (PPCP).
- Continue to seek out opportunities to expand the lab and enhance all the laboratory sessions of the Health Science Division with various simulation events from small scale simulated patient sessions with defined objectives to larger scale mass casualty events.
- Perform all duties with professionalism.
- Perform related work as assigned.