Calhoun Community College
- Balance year-end payroll records, verify totals, and mail appropriate documents to employees as required by law.
- Authorize and remit checks/transfers for payroll deposit, FICA, FWH, SWH, Unemployment Compensation and payroll deductions from employees’ pay.
- Verify year end records, process, and mail appropriate documents with regard to the Affordable Care Act and the State of Alabama Truth and Salary Act.
- Work with the College’s Business office personnel to reconcile all payroll accounts.
- Verify and submit year end totals to Teachers' Retirement.
- Process Teachers' Retirement applications and remit monthly contributions.
- Process fiscal year reports to calculate amounts for employee and employer costs for Teachers’ Retirement, PEEHIP premiums and allocations, gross payroll and Unemployment Compensation advance payment balance.
- Balance year end payroll totals with W2s and state withholding tax for the calendar year.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual Federal and State reports.
- Process report for number of retirees or terminated employees and actual retirement costs for the fiscal year.
- Verify salary and GL Numbers.
- Re-calculate and input salary if necessary to adjustment to payroll.
- Alert supervisor of any issues that are in need of management attention.
- Prepare Retirement Applications.
- Complete Unemployment Compensation forms on former employees seeking to draw Unemployment Compensation benefits.
- Load eligible employees into PEEHIP computer portal of insurance coverage and COBRA.
- Prepare and record appropriate journal entries.
- Process non-exempt staff timesheets by checking for accuracy.
- Maintain files and make adjustments to employees’ leave.
- Process verbal and written employment verifications.
- Perform all duties with professionalism.
- Perform related duties as assigned.