Administrative Assistant II - Planning
|VACANCY ID#||POSTING DATE||CLOSING DATE|
|JOB TITLE||Administrative Assistant II|
|STATUS||Full-time Classified Service*|
SALARY GRADE **
|The City of Decatur compensation plan is based on an 18-step progression system. The following reflects the entry level potential in the assigned grade/range.**
|**A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies**|
Competitive written examination is required for this position and eligible candidates will receive notification of scheduled examination location and time via EMAIL, or U.S. Mail where email information is not provided on employee application or resume.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES||• This position is responsible for providing administrative, clerical, and customer service support for Planning Department functions.
• Greets citizens, employees, board members and others with high level of customer service and professionalism.
• Prepares and distributes agenda packets for the Planning Commission; attends meetings and records minutes
• Maintains department file and records; scans, copies, and faxes documents
• Prepares agenda items for City Council meetings
• Assists in the preparation of payroll and related information
• May prepare Board of Zoning Adjustment packets, agendas, and minutes
• Answers calls and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; takes messages; refers to appropriate personnel
*Full job description available upon request or at our website – https://www.cityofdecatural.com
|MINIMUM QUALIFCATIONS||• High school education or equivalent required. Additional college courses in business administration or related discipline desirable.
• Three or more years of prior experience providing administrative support to a department.
• Must be proficient in use of desktop computers and applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook.
|HOW TO APPLY**||The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status.
Employment Applications are available on our website at https://www.cityofdecatural.com/, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890