|VACANCY ID#||POSTING DATE||CLOSING DATE|
|JOB TITLE||Procurement Agent|
SALARY GRADE **
|The City of Decatur compensation plan is based on an 18-step progression system. The following reflects the entry level potential in the assigned grade/range.**
|**A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies**|
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES||• Manages and directs the procurement of all goods, supplies, and services needed in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, policies, and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with the Alabama Competitive Bid law.
• Trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates, and coaches personnel.
• Establishes and enforces city purchasing policies and procedures.
• Develops bid documents and manages the bid process, and maintains bidders list, vendor files, and other records and manages the City’s procurement card system.
• Coordinates with architects and engineers on Public Works related bids.
• Develops and conducts training for city employees involved with the purchasing process.
• Attends City Council meetings and presents bid results for approval.
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates the sale or other disposal of surplus property.
• Remains informed of current developments in the field of purchasing, prices, market conditions, and new products.
• Technical Review and management of City Lease or purchasing contracts
• Organization and accurate input of vendor information; includes year-end tax document preparation.
•Full job description available upon request or at our website – https://www.cityofdecatural.com
|MINIMUM QUALIFCATIONS||• BS Degree in related field (Business, Economics, SCM, Logistics, etc.)
• Three to five years of experience in a comprehensive purchasing and procurement program, preferably within a local government environment.
• Equivalent combination of education, training or experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job may be considered in lieu of a formal college degree.
• Certified Purchasing Professional Certification or other field relevant certification highly desirable.
|HOW TO APPLY**||The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status.
Employment Applications are available on the City’s website at www.cityofdecatural.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date.
May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890
**Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.