Primarily responsible for driving all company vehicles as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to vacuums trucks, roll-off trucks, flatbeds, and pick-up trucks.
- Safely drive all company vehicles (owned and rented) as required.
- Drivers are expected to do short and long haul runs as needed by the company.
- Supervise and direct crew to efficiently complete job assigned, this includes coordinating who will inventory, pack, and load, when it will be done.
- Correctly complete all paperwork for designated job. This includes but it not limited to driver’s tickets, manifest, bill of ladings, and shipping papers.
- Ability to handle daily truck operations such as loading and unloading of equipment, pumping and/or vacuuming materials based on each customer’s request.
- Inventory shipments as required using correct documentation procedures.
- Follow all safety procedures and policies set forth by AMPOL.
- Report all violations on such procedures and policies to supervisor.
- Provide and maintain superior customer service.
- Must be able to be qualified and remain qualified to drive for AMPOL. This includes meeting the requirements of a criminal background check, driving record, physical, drug screen, and any all-other information as required by state and federal regulations.
- Ability to comprehend and implement oral instruction quickly.
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees and/or customers.
- Proven experience as a driver.
- A valid commercial driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Minimum of two years commercial driving experience
- Hazmat Endorsement a plus.
- Tanker Endorsement a plus.
- Familiarity with GPS devices.
- Must be able to work OTR, days, nights, and weekends while following FMCSA guidelines.
- A polite and professional disposition.
- Computer knowledge a plus